iPod synced with iTunes v7.6!

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 02:55:39 CST 2008

Hi all,

I got an ipod I borrowed to sync: http://www.astro.rug.nl/~lankhorst/ipod.png

There are, however, 3 separate issues to work out for this to work
with an unpatched version of wine, minus the patches I sent to
wine-patches, and one I still need to confirm with rob.

1. I need to add detection in explorer (through hal detection) so that
ipods are automatically mounted and appropiate registry keys are
created (not that much work).
2. The ioctl's from dlls/ntdll/cdrom.c should really be moved to
dlls/mountmgr.sys, so that IOCTL_STORAGE_GET_DEVICE_NUMBER will always
be called with a proper implementation.
3. I need to add raw device access (access to /dev/sdb, if the ipod is
mounted on /dev/sdb2), through CreateFile(\\USBSTOR#..........)

1&3 won't be too hard to solve within a few days, but I'm not 100%
sure how to do 2.

Cheers,
Maarten.