ntdll: Added support for Windows 2008

Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 04:23:47 CST 2008

"Robert Shearman" <rob at codeweavers.com> wrote in message
news:47CBCE83.8010103 at codeweavers.com...
> Alistair Leslie-Hughes wrote:
>>          sizeof(RTL_OSVERSIONINFOEXW), 6, 0, 0x1770,
>> VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT,
>>          {' ',0},
>>          0, 0, VER_SUITE_SINGLEUSERTS, VER_NT_WORKSTATION, 0
>> +    },
>> +    /* WIN2K8 */
>> +    {
>> +        sizeof(RTL_OSVERSIONINFOEXW), 6, 0, 0x1771,
>> VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT,
>> +        {'S','e','r','v','i','c','e',' ','P','a','c','k',' ','1',0},
>> +        0, 0, VER_SUITE_SINGLEUSERTS, VER_NT_SERVER, 0
>>      }
>>  };
>>

> I see Microsoft are using even more sneaky tactics these days to
> increase sales. They are releasing new versions of Windows with the
> first service pack already applied to satisfy the customers who always
> wait for the first service pack of a version of Windows to come out
> before upgrading to it.
>
> Or could this just be a copy and paste mistake?
No, its no mistake.
osvi.szCSDVersion returns "Service Pack 1".

I thought it was a mistake as well, when i first saw it, but I ran cpuz on
the server, and it

is reported as "Windows Vista Service Pack 1" (It appears the cpuz doesnt
understand the

its a server yet).

Best Regards

 Alistair Leslie-Hughes