WGL/WINED3D: add WGL_WINE_pixel_format_passthrough

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Fri Mar 7 02:55:27 CST 2008

> On Thursday 06 March 2008 02:36:41 pm Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> > WGL only allows you to set the pixel format once for a HDC. This
> requires a
> > WINE-specific WGL extension which allows us to set the pixel format
> again.
> > The patch does this and it works correctly in DirectX8/9 SDK samples.
>
> I'm pretty sure this can cause a resource leak if it's done on a D3D child
> window (the existing offscreen surfaces won't be destroyed). Though I
> can't
> say I like the idea of the patch since it does nothing for non-Wine, or
> even
> non-winex11.drv Wine, to fix the issue.

In the non-Wine case you would need WineD3D child windows. I don't like that and it would be a performance hit. Right now we don't have a functioning quartz driver. When it comes around the function should be ported over.

Roderick
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.web.de/de/entertainment/games/free