Google Summer of code

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 16:41:39 CDT 2008

Hi Luis,

2008/3/13, "Luis C. Busquets Pérez" <luis.busquets at ilidium.com>:
> Proposing another thing if implementing d3dx9_36.dll is too much I
>  propose to implement:
>      1   D3DXAssembleShader
>      2   D3DXAssembleShaderFromFileA
>      3   D3DXCompileShader
>      4   D3DXCompileShaderFromFileA
>      5   D3DXCreateCubeTextureFromFileExA
>      6   D3DXCreateCubeTextureFromFileInMemory
>      7   D3DXCreateEffectCompilerFromFileA
>      8   D3DXCreateEffectFromFileA
>      9   D3DXCreateTextureFromFileExA
>     10   D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemory
>     11   D3DXCreateVolumeTextureFromFileExA
>     12   D3DXCreateVolumeTextureFromFileInMemory
>     13   D3DXGetImageInfoFromFileInMemory
>     14   D3DXGetPixelShaderProfile
>     15   D3DXGetShaderConstantTable
>     16   D3DXGetShaderInputSemantics
>     17   D3DXGetShaderVersion
>     18   D3DXGetVertexShaderProfile
>     19   D3DXLoadSurfaceFromSurface
>     20   D3DXSaveSurfaceToFileA
>     21   D3DXSaveTextureToFileA
>
>  Which are the functions that Sid Meier's Civilization 4 calls and are
>  not yet implemented from d3dx9_32 (36)
Your best bet for the A function is to forward them to the W versions.
These do basically the same thing. Call the W version from the A
version and convert any wide strings to ansi strings, this is what
happens all throughout wine. Also, do you have any plans for adding
conformance tests so you can compare it with windows behavior?

Cheers,
Maarten.