Wine code freeze in seven weeks; volunteers needed to fix 1.0 bugs

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 09:48:13 CDT 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008 00:15:06 Dan Kegel wrote:
> Per http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleasePlan,
> in early May, Wine's trunk will go into code freeze,
> and only small, obvious bugfixes will be accepted.

Could we please come up with a good plan on how to handle Summer of Code
contributions _before_ we do a code freeze? I remember that the 2005 code
freeze just when I was starting to get my patches in was immensely
frustrating. Git will make this easier, but we _need_ to decide how we want
to handle ongoing contributions. I know the idea of a code freeze is to get
people working on existing bugs but for the SoC students that's just not an
option. If we don't integrate the code during SoC, I doubt we're really going
to use it. I still remember the ClamAV plugin that never made it to the
master branch.

Cheers,
Kai

--