wine --show-config option?

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Sun Mar 16 13:38:22 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:45:43AM -0700, Lei Zhang wrote:
> Would it be helpful for the wine executable to have a --show-config
> option? It can show information such as:
>
> * what options are not compiled in
> * the version of gcc, fontforge used
> * whether gecko is installed
> * what dlls are set to native

Yes, please :) this would be really helpful . I must not be "wine
--show-config" but we should have the information about how wine
was compiled available in an installed wine and have an easy way
to put together all the important information about an wine
installation and a wine prefix so we can tell a user "Do foo and
give me the resulting file.".

There was already an attempt for some of this, see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.patches/45328
.

Jan