[4/22] WineD3D: A shader backend descriptor for the ati fragment shader backend

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 17 09:14:21 CDT 2008

Am Montag, 17. März 2008 12:18:11 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> Supporting ATI fragment shader is useful, obviously. What I'm not so
> sure about is positioning it as an ffp replacement.
Do you mean the term "ffp replacement", or what the code is doing? I for one
call our nvrc code an ffp replacement as well, however, there's no sharp
border between programmable and fixed function functionality. I've seen
articles which called GL_ARB_texture_env_combine "programmable" as well.

I don't know if we can support 1.x pixel shaders properly using atifs because
texkill and texdepth are missing. However, the visual test shows that the
texdepth test is completely broken on my r200 card on Windows, and texkill
basically works, but doesn't conform to the refrast and behavior of newer
cards, so games should not really use those instructions.