Translations and Wine 1.0

Lei Zhang thestig at google.com
Tue Mar 18 09:56:02 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
>  We should try to update the translations of Wine to other languages for
>  1.0. The code freeze during the release candidate time frame is perfect
>  for this as the translations don't have to track a moving target.
>
>  Somebody had scripts/a web page to check for missing translations or
>  broken ones in the .rc files. But I seem to not enter the right search
>  words to find any info regarding that; if somebody has a pointer please
>  let me know. It would be nice if we could run that scripts regularly
>  during the release candidate time.
>
>  bye
>         michael

Would the Launchpad translations site be helpful?

https://translations.launchpad.net/

I think basically the workflow is:

* put phrases that need translation into the work queue.
* select the languages it needs to be translated into.
* people offer suggestions, and launchpad offers suggestions for the
same phrase already translated in other projects.
* pick the most appropriate suggestion.
* watch the percentage bars go up.

(please correct me if this is inaccurate)

- Lei