[4/22] WineD3D: A shader backend descriptor for the ati fragment shader backend

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 19 06:18:53 CDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 19. März 2008 07:46:07 schrieb Ivan Gyurdiev:
> The way this patchset is heading is:
>     "A (gl shader backend), which implements both d3d shader and ffp
> pipeline, depending on the circumstances, through a mixed api"
Yes, that's the only way that will work. The shader backend mutually talks to
opengl, we have to design it around the requirements of the opengl
(extension) APIs. Trying to stick the shader backend's design to d3d will not
work properly

All in all we can only have a ffp replacement shader OR a d3d shader active.
Some instance has to sort out what is active, and given that in GLSL we'll
need to link vertex+fragment+geometry shaders the shader backend is the best
place to find that out IMHO