Appdb nice urls: best way to test indexing of production data

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 11:44:07 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Chris Morgan <chmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:12 PM, John Klehm <xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Chris Morgan <chmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  > I can provide help with integrating the code with the appdb if you
>  >  >  have any questions. The real question I've got, since I haven't done
>  >  >  it before, is how to get the path the user specified, eg.
>  >  >  appdb.winehq.org/vendor/adobe (or whatever), into a php script so we
>  >  >  can redirect to the list of applications for the vendor 'adobe'.
>  >  >
>  >  >  Chris

If it is desirable for winehq.org/appdb/show/verb/term (allows for
appdb.winehq.org/show/vender appdb.winehq.org/show/app
winehq.org/show/catagory) then this works for me:

RewriteEngine On
Options FollowSymLinks
RewriteBase /appdb/
#RewriteRule ^app/(.*)$ matchAppByName.php?AppName=$1
RewriteRule ^show/([a-zA-Z]+)/(.*)$ matchByVerbAndTerm.php?verb=$1&term=$2

E.g
appdb.winehq.org/show/vendor/adobe
=> matchByVerbAndTerm.php?verb=vendor&term=adobe

appdb.winehq.org/show/app/adobe-photoshop-cs2
=> matchByVerbAndTerm.php?verb=app&term=adobe-photoshop-cs2

Regards,
John