Proposed EM_Fontrange Patch

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Wed Mar 19 21:24:56 CDT 2008

Eric Pouech wrote:
> James McKenzie a écrit :
>
>> All:
>>
>> I would like to see the problems with EM_Fontrange be fixed.  The
>> attached patch is for comment/review and I would like SPECIFIC
>> guidance on how to implement this patch as it relates to a Wine 1.0
>> bug (bug/issue 6254) and fixes the problem specified there.  The
>> conformance tests are already in tests/editor.c and all they involve
>> is removing some todo_wine blocks related to this issue.  The entire
>> patch will do this.  Sorry that the patch is in UNIX diff format, I
>> could not get git to do what I wanted.  The actual patch will be git
>> format and use the daily git.
>>
> I think that a couple of things should be improved in the patch:
> - there are 3 hDC stored in the context, while only 2 are of use
> (rendering and measure)

Actually, there are four, but it appears the one that is not needed is
fr.hdcTarget.  Does it appear to be not used in normal usage of this
feature?  If so, then the portion of code that was written for this use
of this handle would not be needed. That would remove a few lines of code.
> - there is some interdependency with the EM_SETTARGETDEVICE message
> implementation, that should be looked at

I will look at this when I can.  My time has become very limited as of
late.  That may be changing in a few months, however.
> - patch is likely a bit too big and should be sliced before inclusion

This is the most difficult part.  Where should I make the 'slice' at?
With only the part that implements the called code first and then the
calling code?  That would make the most sense to me.

James McKenzie