The Linux/BSD DF kernel bug

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Mar 20 04:31:44 CDT 2008

Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> writes:

> Francois Gouget skrev:
>> Does anyone know if MSVC does a cld in the right places?
>
> Maybe. But it hardly matters. Only GCC-generated code is affected. The
> problem might then show up in Wine signal/exception handling. Things
> like, say, copying the CONTEXT structures around, for example.

It matters in the sense that Wine currently doesn't clear the direction
flag before calling an exception handler, so if MSVC doesn't do a cld
then we'd have the same bug WRT msvc as the Linux kernel has WRT gcc.
Of course now that gcc is changed we'll have to make sure to clear the
flag regardless of what MSVC does.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org