The Linux/BSD DF kernel bug

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Thu Mar 20 07:04:06 CDT 2008

Alexandre Julliard skrev:
> Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> writes:
>
>> But that's a bit of a different issue, unrelated to the kernel flaw. I
>> was only talking about that flaw. I kind of tried to clarify that in
>> my next followup... oh well.
>
> Sure, it has nothing to do with the kernel bug, except that it points to
> a similar bug in the Wine kernel.

Yeah, I mentioned that.

>>> Of course now that gcc is changed we'll have to make sure to clear the
>>> flag regardless of what MSVC does.
>> But not just in the exception handling. Everywhere... there's no
>> special case here.
>
> It depends if MSVC respects that ABI constraint or not.

Only if you want to make Wine depend on the compiler used to compile
Windows applications. Not all of them are called "MSVC". I know Borland
Delphi is used by some these days, and its ABI expectations might be
different.

Well, I took a look to see what msvcrt expects these days. Looks like it
expects DF clear now. But I don't think this was always the case in the
past... (though it's also possible I'm thinking back to win16 here.)