developing hints appreciated

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Mar 20 12:11:15 CDT 2008

I think he's a windows developer, comfortable mostly
with IDEs like Visual C++.  He'd like to build winecfg
as a .exe on Wine, test it there, and also try running
it on Windows (at least part of it should kinda work there).

Here's what I told him:

On Ubuntu, 'sudo apt-get install mingw' should install a good compiler.
However, it might not be easy to build winecfg with mingw.
Ask on wine-devel if you have trouble.  See also
http://wiki.winehq.org/JohnKlehm
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2006-December/053069.html
If I were you, I'd just use Wine's normal build system on linux
and not even try to generate .exe's for now.
- Dan