bug_report.pl

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 20:19:12 CDT 2008

In cleaning up the documentation, I found that we still reference
tools/bug_report.pl. The script is about 8-9 years old! I haven't seen
it referenced in a while, and looking in the archives, the last time
it was mentioned was in 2002:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2002-May/006741.html

Which even then, some thought it should be removed, or drastically
updated. It currently strips down to 100 lines, which in most cases is
pretty useless. As I see it, there are a couple options (which,
coincidentally, were the same 6 years ago):
1) remove bug_report.pl, update the documentation for more useful debug info
2) have a perl mongerer update it drastically to where it is of some use.

Thoughts?