qmgr test needs bits.lib to link using the MSVC headers

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 21:39:18 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Reece Dunn <msclrhd at googlemail.com> wrote:
>  Does anyone know how to add this to Wine? Adding EXTRALIBS=-lbits to
>  Makefile.in does not work on Wine itself. Is this the right way to go?

Normally if you were using configure to generate the makefiles and
config.h you would use something like

EXTRALIBS=@BITSLIB@

That would seem to still be the right thing to do, you will just need
to extend msvcmaker to understand what BITSLIB really is and will we
just keep ignoring it on Unix.

See dlls/wininet/Makefile.in for EXTRALIBS=@SOCKETLIB@ for an example.
If your building with mingw configure defines @SOCKETLIB@ to -lws2_32
but if you use Unix this is ignored and we use normal unix sockets.

--
Steven Edwards