GSoc: Scriptable Configuration

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 00:46:41 CDT 2008

Hello Matt,

2008/3/24, Matt Shanks <mattshanks86 at googlemail.com>:
> Am quite keen to get involved with Wine for GSoC - specifically the project
> titled "Scriptable Configuration"
We have about 2 or 3 others also willing to do that project. I think
you would have a better chance of doing something like the print
dialog or one of the rich editor projects. They are good projects with
a known boundary.

> Having spoken briefly to Lei, he essentially said that the more features
> added to the reg.exe in Wine, the better.
>
> I looked up what the Windows version does, and it seems like a pretty solid
> list of features to aim for;
True, however most of them seem to map onto an existing advapi call,
so I'm not sure if it's that much work to implement.

> An apparent missing feature seems to be editing an existing key value
>
> Also, for the command line tools for wine, beyond uninstallation and
> windows-version calls, (from Console Configuration) are there any other
> particularly desirable features?
See above, you'll have more chance of being accepted by choosing
another project idea. Good luck!

Cheers,
Maarten