gdi32-related commit between 0.9.57<->0.9.58 broken .NET2/Systems.Windows.Forms

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 26 11:38:26 CDT 2008

--- On Wed, 26/3/08, Huw Davies <huw at codeweavers.com> wrote:
<snipped>
> I think it's a bug in *native* gdiplus.  If you install
> ukai.ttf on
> Windows then apps that use gdiplus will crash too.

oh. I suppose it is fair enough that installing any fonts
on windows can have bad effects.

But, OTOH, should one expose the whole of fontconfig-available
fonts to wine? A lot of them may be dubious to various extent.

If ukai is affected, I would suspect uming (also from Arphic)
would be the same? and how many non-english fonts one want to
"work-around" like this?

> > > Do you by any chance have the font
> 'ukai.ttf'
> > > installed?  If so could
> > > you try removing it from your fontconfig path and
> see if
> > > that helps?
> >
> > Yes, I have ukai.ttf on my system (and others came
> with Fedora 8),
> > but I am running wine in  LANG=en_US.UTF-8 . I'll
> give your suggestion a
> > try.
>
> Actually I've just attached a hack to the bug, try that
> instead.

Thanks - but I also have uming, and a a fair number of other fonts
shipped from fedora for non-english. (over 100).