GSOC proposal - control panel

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:37:18 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Owen Rudge <owen at owenrudge.net> wrote:
>  This sounds like a pretty decent way of going about things. Number 2 was
>  something I hadn't particularly considered doing initially, but I'll have a
>  look for the patch that was posted recently and see what I think about it
>  and how much work is likely to be involved.

I think the existing wine/programs/control should display the
enumerated applets but I've never really played with it. In ReactOS we
wrote a version of control.exe more enhanced version that did as you
suggested, creating a listview with item description and name and I
think it was rejected before because Alexandre preferred implementing
the namespace properly.

As for embedding the pseudo-control panel window in the X11 window,
here is the patch in question

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-February/050117.html

I don't know how Alexandre feels about this either as he did not merge
it in to Winehq. Perhaps he wants to do it some other way...

--
Steven Edwards