Fw: Re: Google Summer of Code 2008 - joined openprinting+wine project?

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 27 15:39:23 CDT 2008

Thanks for the info... I have updated the linux foundation GSOC page with some of my ideas.

Naively, I think it is almost scriptable - get cups to dump the input as temp postscript, use wine to run win32 ghostscript (which works quite well in wine,
my first-hand experience) to render through GDI and if the printer proxy can receive
the data that way, let wine send the data out through lpX, libusb or the network... just a thought, and maybe a pipe dream :-). This is slow, but maybe viable?

I have a fair amount of mingw-cross experience, and lately rather into wine.