MinGW cross compilation fails for d3dx9_36/tests

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 04:44:21 CDT 2008

>  > Are you currently working on this?  Is it a problem that needs to be
>  > fixed on the mingw side?
>  >
>  It's indeed a mingw issue and has to be fixed on that side.
>
>  I've never touched mingw so I'm relying on either Hans Leidekker, Stefan
>  Leichter or Paul Millar to take this up.

The problem is that it is a mingw issue but they don't want any
patches from wines win32 api in their mingw w32api.  They believe that
looking at the actual ms header files taints our headers legally
speaking.  Stefan, hans, and PaulM maintain a rather large set of
patches against w32api.  [1]

So its a constant catchup game from when wines headers get new
additions until someone sends paulm a patch updating the mingw w32api.

I made a script [2] that will cross build winetest from git source no
mingw patches needed. In theory this could be useful in keeping the
cross built winetest.exe's rolling.

To use the script you need 3 dirs a wine-git, wine-native, and a
wine-pe.  Set those locations in the config part of the script as well
as the build and host settings for your compiler and cross compiler.
At the end winetest.exe will be in wine-pe/programs/winetest/ folder.
 This setup is from PaulMs recipe [3] with some tweaking.

Also if you trust me and just want the exe its at [4].

Hope this helps,
John

P.S. I logged some test results from my win2k machine, it seems they
are at [5].  Seems like I missed some setting though as the date is
not right.  Advice on how to fix that would be delicious =)

[1] http://readlist.com/lists/lists.sourceforge.net/mingw-users/1/5419.html
[2] http://klehm.net/wine/crossbuild_winetest.sh
[3] http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2006-December/053069.html
[4] http://klehm.net/wine/winetest.exe