MinGW cross compilation fails for d3dx9_36/tests

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 28 08:35:07 CDT 2008

On 28/03/2008, Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> "John Klehm" <xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The problem is that it is a mingw issue but they don't want any
>  > patches from wines win32 api in their mingw w32api.  They believe that
>  > looking at the actual ms header files taints our headers legally
>  > speaking.  Stefan, hans, and PaulM maintain a rather large set of
>  > patches against w32api.  [1]
>  >
>  > So its a constant catchup game from when wines headers get new
>  > additions until someone sends paulm a patch updating the mingw w32api.
>
> Then perhaps we (Alexandre) should reconsider the stance about using
>  Wine headers and import libraries in preference to mingw ones.

I would have expected that when building for mingw, Wine would use the
Wine headers and libraries. Otherwise, as mentioned above, if someone
adds tests that rely on items that are not in the mingw headers then
the tests will not be built for the conformance tests, as has been
seen recently. Also, what happens with the widl generated headers?

- Reece