MinGW cross compilation fails for d3dx9_36/tests

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 13:53:49 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Reece Dunn <msclrhd at googlemail.com> wrote:
>  I would have expected that when building for mingw, Wine would use the
>  Wine headers and libraries. Otherwise, as mentioned above, if someone
>  adds tests that rely on items that are not in the mingw headers then
>  the tests will not be built for the conformance tests, as has been
>  seen recently. Also, what happens with the widl generated headers?

We have always depended on the w32api package for the tests and
programs partly to make sure our own code is sane by having another
coverage point like building with the MSVC headers when compiling on
MSVC. Dmitry and I have disagreed with this for years though because
the mingw w32api maintainers can be a real PITA about getting patches
in and also because of the breakages that result when something is
missing like you mention. Switching to a using the wine headers and
import libs everywhere is long overdue and welcome!

--
Steven Edwards