SoC idea: enhance the Program Manager, winefile and friends

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:18:03 CDT 2008

>  From time to time the discussion comes up about having some sort of
>  Window manager or explorer replacement for when running in Desktop
>  mode.

Personally, I think enhancing explorer to have its own GUI (rather
than launching winefile) would be an interesting project.  If nothing
else, having a graphical way to explore the shell namespace might be
handy for debugging shell issues.  From there to an explorer for
desktop mode might not be such a big leap.

--Juan