winex11.drv: Don't add owned windows to the taskbar

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Fri Mar 28 17:13:40 CDT 2008

Dmitry Timoshkov escribio':
> "Alexander Dorofeyev" <alexd4 at inbox.lv> wrote:
>

>> There's a regression in IDA Pro disassembler. Nothing is added to the taskbar at
>> all, furthermore, when you are starting debugger, before there was a window
>> appearing that asks pass control to the application or not. Now it's not
>> appearing, and can't be found because there's nothing on the taskbar, which is
>> pretty bad because the app doesn't respond to any other input at that moment.
>> Minimizing  the main window makes the app disappear altogether, so it's pretty
>> unusable.
>>

> The problem with IDA is that the button you see in the Windows task bar
> does not belong to the main IDA window, it belongs to a zero sized visible
> window with the same caption. Since it's zero sized Wine doesn't map it all.
> So, while formally it's a regression, technically it's not: main IDA window
> has never been added to the task bar before my patch. This all can be easily
> discovered with spy++ and a simple test app.

This also affects many, if not all, VB6 applications (and possibly many
Delphi applications). Personally, I consider this a rather serious
regression and propose backing out of commit
cb3ff54789c652b02d852f40db71cafd9fd67ca9 as a fix.

BTW, this reminds me of bug 1598. If the explanation of the bug for IDA
above is correct, then the "buggy" behavior of not assigning
minimize/maximize buttons to the window that appears in the panel is
sort of consistent with this regression. Maybe the behavior should be
that visible windows owned by an invisible window should get mapped in
the panel.

--
perl -e '$x=2.4;print sprintf("%.0f + %.0f = %.0f\n",$x,$x,$x+$x);'