find_dll_file ignoring WINEDLLPATH?

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 02:38:05 CDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+win at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>
>  > It seems that this function makes no use of WINEDLLPATH. Shouldn't
>  > this function also search along the paths specified by the
>  > environment variable?
>
>  I've grepped the sources and the only place that looks at
>  WINEDLLPATH is the funcion build_dll_path() in libs/wine/loader.c.
>
>  The function build_dll_path() fills in an array dll_paths with
>  is private to that file. Looking at other things in that file
>  it seems that stuff in that file is mostly related to loading
>  the native Linux versions of the windows DLLs. Is that right?
>  If so, it looks like some of the code in libs/wine/loader.c
>  needs to be cloned or shared with the code in
>  dlls/ntdll/loader.c.
>
>  I'm willing to hack up a fix for this if someone can point me
>  in the right direction.

When an app needs a certain dll windows (and wine) search according to
this:  directory of exe, current directory, system directory
(windows/system32),  windows directory (windows), and PATH env var.

What I would do if I were you is make a copy of that other needed dll
and put it in the applications exe directory.