find_dll_file ignoring WINEDLLPATH?

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 03:49:39 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+win at mega-nerd.com> wrote:

>  Your proposal of just copying the DLL is not a good solution in
>  this case because the copied executable could get out of sync
>  with the one in src/.libs, invalidating the tests.

Well you could have a script to recopy it there but there is one more
way I thought of that you could add the path (provided you dont remove
your .wine folder very often)

wine regedit

Then edit
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Environment\Path

Add your additional path dirs at the start.

That will then permanently add those to your path (will get wiped if
you reinstall your .wine folder though).  Probably could get some kind
of .reg file to do this automatically.

--John