Five functions that cannot handle a NULL parameter

Andrew Talbot Andrew.Talbot at talbotville.com
Sat May 3 11:40:34 CDT 2008

In case anyone wishes to note or fix them, here are five functions that are
being called with a NULL parameter that they cannot yet properly handle,
and which they are passing down to a str...() or mem...() function. I may
be wrong, but I don't think these have been caught by Coverity. The number
in the brackets is, of course, the parameter affected.

advapi/security.c:LookupPrivilegeNameW(3)

dbghelp/stabs.c:stabs_pts_read_type_def(2)

gdi/freetype.c:WineEngGetOutlineTextMetrics(3)

msi/table:get_tablecolumns(3)

setupapi/devinst.c:SetupDiGetDeviceInstanceIdW(3)

Cheers,

--
Andy.