Fix building tools/widl (for bison 1.75, among others)

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sat May 3 12:49:25 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2 May 2008, Robert Shearman wrote:
>> It turns out that current versions of bison do not enforce the documented
>> grammer as strictly as older ones such as bison 1.75.  Fixed thusly.
> Oops, thanks for spotting it. Actually, I was developing on version 1.28
> and didn't get those errors so it doesn't appear to be a deliberate change
> by the bison developers.

This is interesting.  Possibly the bison developers got feedback that
the stricter checks in 1.75 caused to many troubles (even though they
were correct per se)?

> Looks good. Please send to wine-patches.

Oops.  Originally I wasn't sure how to address the problem, so I started
this e-mail to wine-devel and then failed to adjust the address once I
had an actual patch.  Thanks for spotting this -- the patch now made it
into this week's release. :-)

Gerald