Vehicle for minor bugs?

Andrew Talbot Andrew.Talbot at talbotville.com
Mon May 5 13:43:39 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Andrew Talbot wrote:
>> witness my current
>> postings: "XBOOL, XBYTE, XINT8, etc." and "Five functions that cannot
>> handle a NULL parameter",
>
> I haven't seen those posts, where are they?

Hi Dan,

I posted them to wine-devel on Saturday.

> I'd say a conformance test would be the right vehicle.

Often this is so. But some bugs may not be revealed by such a test. Also,
sometimes it would be useful to ask an expert what was intended by a bit of
code. For example, consider the following code (from
mshtml/mshtmloption.c), to pick something at random:

static HRESULT WINAPI HTMLOptionElementFactory_create(...)
{
    HRESULT hres;

    hres = IHTMLDOMNode_QueryInterface(...);

    '''

    return S_OK;
}

In this function, either "hres" is an unused variable, or the function
should really return "hres" at the end. I have no way of knowing, but I
would like to be able to bring this to the attention of the mshtml guys so
they can make a judgment from their knowledge of what this function is
about.

Thanks,

--
Andy.