quartz: regression: Assertion failed at pin.c:1236

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Mon May 5 14:46:37 CDT 2008

The patch:

3066116f76c0c44950fde3552485b37dce24d1f8
quartz: Clean up pullpin code.

causes a regression in a test application I have. I see the following
message in the console:

pin.c:1236: PullPin_Init: La declaración `pCustomRequest' no se cumple.

And I get an "Automation error" in a message box. This, every time I try
to load an AVI file in a Windows Media Control. Reversing the patch gets
rid of the error.

I believe this patch was to be followed by a cleanup of code to ensure
that no users of PullPin_Init pass a NULL pCustomRequest. However, this
parameter gets passed as NULL from parser.c:92, which in turn gets it
from avisplit.c, mpegsplit.c and waveparser.c, all of them with NULL as
the value for the parameter.

Was there supposed to be any follow-up patch for this? Why was it not
committed?

--
perl -e '$x=2.4;print sprintf("%.0f + %.0f = %.0f\n",$x,$x,$x+$x);'