winetricks missing MFC42

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed May 7 17:46:08 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Cesar Izurieta <cesar at ecuarock.net> wrote:
>>  Maybe it would be nice to have something like:
>>
>>  winetricks mfc42.dll
>>
>>  and have some sort of alias database with some dlls filenames there.
>>  It would make end users life much more easier imho.
>
> Yes, exactly.  There is some question about how to present
> a GUI for that, the list could be quite large.  So I'll probably
> only add aliases for a few common DLLs, at least at first.

Dan that's going way overboard. You creating another winedoors or worse
winetools.

Original idea of having few dlls and registry changes in one place - was
great. So no one would need to repeat those instructions over and over
again. But having windows media player?! Now list of all windows dlls that
some users will install just in case.

Please scale it back or split it into a separate tool.

Vitaliy.