mlang: Make mlang tests pass under windows

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Wed May 7 21:44:49 CDT 2008

Hello Dmitry,

2008/5/7 Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at codeweavers.com>:
> "Maarten Lankhorst" <m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > +            /* Not all codepages can be converted to UTF-8 */
> > +            if (cpinfo[i].uiCodePage == 20127 || cpinfo[i].uiCodePage ==
> 28591 || cpinfo[i].uiCodePage == 28605)
> > +                expected = S_FALSE;
> >

>  The statement above is not true. The reason for mlang test failures is that
>  apparently mlang in Windows has its own idea of supported locales not
> connected
>  to real kernel32 implementation. I'd leave the tests as they are, there is
>  nothing wrong in them, we can't fix Windows bugs.
I thought the whole points of the tests was to test what wine does compared to
what windows does, if I look at
http://test.winehq.org/data/200805062030/ it fails for pretty much all
windows versions except xp without service pack. I don't see why the
test SHOULDN'T be allowed to return S_FALSE if all recent versions of
windows do.

Cheers,
Maarten.