Lots of regressions in games in last few versions

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Mon May 12 00:12:29 CDT 2008

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Vitaliy Margolen" <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
>
>> For most people yeah it will be a surprise. Until they hit first major
>> problem. Which will put them back into windows land. You see there are
>> much more people out there that use PCs as ... tools. Those tools
>> either work or they don't. Wine just does not cut it. It's a toy not a
>> tool.
>
> Probably I'll tell you an esoteric thing, but believe it that thousands of
> people are running Winword, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Quicken, Project, and
> many
> other applications every doing their daily job.

Oh yes they do, on windows that is. How can they be running them on Wine
of all the apps listed don't work?

Word    - gold    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10
Excel   - no data http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=11
Outlook - garbage http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=34
Visio   - garbage http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=119
Quicken - garbage/bronze http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=107
Project - garbage http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=446
Money   - garbage http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=79

Where are you seeing people running them? Oh sorry Word sorta works. Or you
talking about something else not Wine? We are talking about vanilla Wine
here not Crossover Office no matter how wonderful it is.

Vitaliy.