dinput: Convert keyboard buffer from internal data format to user data format

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed May 14 09:01:54 CDT 2008

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Sergey Khodych wrote:
>>> Any particular reason for this? Do you have a program that sets different
>>> data format? The reason I ask - copying 256 bytes is much faster then
>>> iterating over the whole data format and copying one byte at a time.
>>>
>> A possibility of using custom data format, for any type of devices, is
>> described in DirectX SDK documentation.
>> For example Monolith's  F.E.A.R. use this method.
>
> That is not what I asked. If you read MSDN it tells lots of things that are
> not true. Also I do not recall seeing any problems with FEAR game that were
> related dinput. If you have that bug handle please point me to it.

To reply to myself. I've missed the fact that if the requested format is the
same as Wine's internal format it will be a simple memcpy. I did not want to
penalize most dinput applications that just use default keyboard format (array
of 256 bytes).

Sergey, please resend this patch. It might resolve few keyboard problems
applications having with Wine. At least I hope it might.

Vitaliy.