Serial port support in wine-1.0: What to do to make it working ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Wed May 14 10:57:01 CDT 2008

> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Pavel Troller <patrol at sinus.cz> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >  I have a very good news today! I tested the current wine git and I've found
> > that it works again in the case of a device mentioned above! It's really good,
> > because it didn't work in 0.9.61 and using 0.9.40 was not good because of
> > another problems in this version. Even better, I've also found that today's
> > wine fixes the last graphics glitches remaining in the program GUI, so now
> > it works PERFECTLY under wine, and it seems that reading/writing the device
> > over the serial port is even FASTER than from windows!
> >  I will try another devices soon, to help to debug serial port problems
> > as much as possible!
> >  With regards, Pavel Troller
> >

> Wonderful! Can you add this information to the AppDB?

To which app ? My one is a very special program, working just with a special
telecom device. It's not available publicly anywhere. It doesn't have any entry
in AppDB, it would be useless.
  I will add remarks to other apps, which I will verify later (i.e. MapSource
souftware for Garmin GPS etc.).

With regards, Pavel Troller