mono progress on mixed-mode assemblies...

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Thu May 15 09:27:50 CDT 2008

> I've learned the hard way that it doesn't make sense to discuss this stuff
> before you actually have the code. So I'd suggest you first go and see if you
> can get the authors of that dll to agree to relicense for you and once that's
> done, we can discuss what happens with Wine's copy.

I'll try to make this process a little easier for you.  The code was
MIT/X11 licensed prior to 2002, so you don't need explicit permission
from authors prior to that time.  Furthermore, some of the authors
since that time have explicitly licensed their contributions as LGPL
and MIT/X11.  At least Eric Pouch and I are in that set.  Transgaming
has a list somewhere, though I couldn't find it just now.

The main contributors that have not done so that I saw after a quick
perusal were Alexandre and Rob Shearman.  If you can't get their
permission, you'd have to start with the last MIT/X11 licensed
version, or get Transgaming's most recent ReWind version and start
from there.
--Juan