Right way to cope with user error in make test?

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu May 15 21:32:25 CDT 2008

So...turns out that in this flood of new reporting, that one of the errors
only happened to me, and it further turns out to be entirely user error;
I didn't have libxslt.

So, the obvious first solution is for me to actually read my configure
results and deal with it.

But I think I serve nicely as an example of the sort of incompetent user
for whom it would still be nice to have make test work cleanly.

I didn't see any obvious standard way of coping with this situation.
Did I miss it?  I imagined that maybe we'd skip these cases, but I didn't
see evidence of that.  I could also imagine a facility whereby we note
that the configure was not clean, and then refuse to run make test
(or at least refuse to run the full winetest battery).  Should we make
libxslt non optional (or at least require an explicit --without-libxslt
in order to build without it)?

Cheers,

Jeremy