curious failure and messages running a well-known installer

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 16 14:38:53 CDT 2008

I install the win32 version of ghostscript quite routinely under wine; just taken the old one off and put the new one in with wine rc1, the first time it bombed out with:

err:module:map_image Could not map section _winzip_, file probably truncated
err:module:map_image Could not map section _winzip_, file probably truncated
wine: could not load L"H:\\mirror.cs.wisc.edu\\pub\\mirrors\\ghost\\GPL\\current\\gs862w32.exe": Bad EXE format for

and 2nd/3rd time it went to completion. This is the first time ever I have a
failure installing ghostscript. There are some messages which I don't remember seeing
before also:

fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x14a980): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.
fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x14aae8): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.

I seem to recall the _winzip_ thing is a known and fixed problem? anyway, the installer
is at http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/ghost/GPL/current/gs862w32.exe
and I'd be interested to hear if somebody else the _winzip_ failure message.