unknown device issues after running winetest

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Wed May 21 07:02:15 CDT 2008

James Hawkins wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Juan Lang <juan.lang at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> anyone knows the exact testing causing the creation of the dummy devices?
>> I believe it's testRegisterDeviceInfo.  See my comment in it:
>> * FIXME: the key also becomes undeletable.  How to get rid of it?
>>

> Another note: the tests can only be run successfully once (assuming no
> other failures), but if the tests are run again without a reboot, we
> get ~30 failures.  I'm assuming that has to do with the undeletability
> (nice fake word) of the device keys.

It appears that the regsitry keys are owned by SYSTEM. On W2K3 it's services.exe
(haven't checked the other OS's) that creates/modifies these registry keys. So
they can't be deleted by simply doing a RegDeleteKey in the tests.

Any idea what the best approach is to programatically change the permissions (or
owner) of these keys so we're able to delete them?

--
Cheers,

Paul.