ddraw: Fixed last part of regression bug #13277

Jens Albretsen jens at albretsen.dk
Thu May 22 12:17:34 CDT 2008

On Thursday 22 May 2008 16:55:31 Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2008 16:17:26 schrieb Jens Albretsen:
> > Changelog:
> > d3d1-7 surfaces was not ref counting ddraw so if there was surface and
> > ddraw was released, wine would kill everything. Now the Return to
> > Mysterious Island works and does a clean exit afterwards.
>
> I think the patch is wrong.
Well, as remember this the normal procedure of d3d, textures, surfaces and
streams is to hold on to ddraw/d3d until everything is destroyed or the
process is terminated.

Anyway I thought that the idea about fixing regressions is to fix them for
1.0?

> There's a test that shows that this is not happening.

Ehh, where?
I see no test doing the following
1. DirectDrawCreate
2. CreateSurface
3. Release DirectDrawObject from 1
4. Use the surface
5. Release surface to release ddraw

> If it doen't break any existing tests, please add a test to demonstrate
> that the change is correct

I will.