Alternate shell?

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Thu May 22 23:23:35 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> I think we're going to want to add a start button and taskbar
> to our builtin explorer.   None of the replacements seem
> to look anything like Windows XP, which is kind of what I'm
> after.

Again, I think you should look at explorer-new. Its pretty close to
working, I think the StartMenu and friends work. It is designed for
Windows XP, does the Desktop, Start Menu, Taskbar, etc, is written in
C, is LGPL and is written by a ReactOS developer that has not been
blacklisted by Wine. I don't think it would be much trouble to merge
the two. Except of course shell32 is where most of the explorer really
lives and there is a lot of functionality missing in wine. Due to the
ReactOS embargo, shell32 has started to fork quite a bit on the
ReactOS side.

http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos/trunk/reactos/base/shell/explorer-new/

--
Steven Edwards