inkscape font rendering: is this bug #4386?

Marcel Partap mpartap at gmx.net
Tue May 27 10:45:16 CDT 2008

Hi all,
as a poppler upgrade just broke my native inkscape and the 1.0 bug hunt is
on, i thought i'd quickly try inkscape win32 (latest nightly build) and see
if it works.. well stuff seems to look fine - except all glyphs (except
from the file dialogs of course) are shown as black filled .. blurps
(http://hfopi.org/files/temp/inkscape-font-rendering.png), kinda ;)
now looking at the appdb it really surprised my inkscape is not yet in
there.. also i am not sure if this font problem is probably something on my
side (my x font server is behaving strangly atm: thunderbird has everything
typeset with some gothic script?!) or if it corresponds to either bug #6519
or #4386 ?
If someone can confirm this I'll add a bug report later today..
regards

--
   "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes
off your goal."