Winetest broken on Win98

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:59:56 CDT 2008

Paul Vriens wrote:
> Francois Gouget wrote:
>> So if anyone has been wondering why I don't run the tests on Win98
>> anymore... I still do! The problem is that since 2008/05/08 something
>> prevents winetest from submitting the results.
>>
>> The 200805062030 winetest build works fine so that leaves a two/three
>> days window where things went wrong. Unfortunately I have been unable
>> to pinpoint a specific test that causes the problem.
>
> Could you try running the user32/sysparams test manually? That's where
> the "screen" of my win98 turns black and the "box" doesn't seem to
> respond anymore.

Could this be the issue:

sysparams.c:2225: Test failed: Waiting for the WM_DISPLAYCHANGE message timed out
sysparams.c:2238: Test failed: Set bpp 8, but WM_DISPLAYCHANGE reported bpp -1
sysparams.c:2230: Tests skipped: Setting depth 16 failed(ret = -2)
sysparams.c:2230: Tests skipped: Setting depth 24 failed(ret = -2)
sysparams: 790 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 28 failures), 2 skipped.

(Output from "user32_test.exe sysparams > log.txt" checked after a restart)

--
Cheers,

Paul.