Coaxing appdb maintainers into testing their apps with rc1?

Jeff Zaroyko jeffzaroyko at gmail.com
Wed May 28 01:38:43 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel <dank <at> kegel.com> writes:

> It doesn't look like many people are paying attention to
> http://wiki.winehq.org/PlatinumRegressionHunt
>
> Think it would be useful to email all the app maintainers and
> ask them to pretty please test their apps with rc1?

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes has kindly added support to the AppDB to email all
the app maintainers.

So let's decide what we want ask our maintainers.

How about this:

Subject: Wine needs you!

Hello Application maintainers!

If you weren't already aware, Wine is doing release candidates for the lead up
to Wine 1.0

The current release candidate is wine-1.0rc2

We would like to make sure that as many programs as possible are tested with
the latest version of Wine and we have selected you as an ideal candidate to
test the applications you maintain.

Please help us find regressions and embarrassing problems in rc2!

We are also running a Platinum Regression Hunt and a Dogfood Challenge

    * http://wiki.winehq.org/PlatinumRegressionHunt
    * http://wiki.winehq.org/DogfoodChallenge

According to http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleasePlan, wine-1.0.0-rc3 will be due
out Friday, May 30th, 2008