[1/2] tests: Add functions to make it possible to handle Windows misbehaviors that we don't want to reproduce in Wine.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu May 29 05:36:58 CDT 2008

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

> This patch introduces the buggy(), deprecated() and strict_wine
> functions I mentioned in:
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2008-April/065322.html

I like the idea, but I don't think this should copy the todo mechanism,
as it doesn't scale well. For todo that's OK because the number of todos
is supposed to remain small, and get smaller as Wine improves; but
strict checking is something we'll want more and more of, so ultimately
we'll have them all over the place. It gets even worse if we want to be
strict for other platforms too.

So I would suggest to not add a strict(platform), but make buggy() and
deprecated() always do strict checking except when platform is
"windows".  If we need to have a buggy() check succeed on Wine for
some reason it can always be wrapped in a todo_wine.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org