Currently Git doesn't build on Linux x86_64

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 29 18:26:45 CDT 2008

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just pulled from git and the latest change I have is this one:
>
>     commit 4c928d39ad82e576113a34bfa4d27dd0b3eaba17
>     Author: James Hawkins <jhawkins at codeweavers.com>
>     Date:   Wed May 28 19:15:15 2008 -0500
>
>         oleaut32: Disable olefont tests that fail on all platforms.
>
> When I ./configure it I get:
>
>     checking for freetype-config... freetype-config
>     checking for -lfreetype... not found
>     configure: error: FreeType development files not found.
>     Fonts will not be built. Dialog text may be invisible or unaligned.
>     Use the --without-freetype option if you really want this.
>
> This is an Ubuntu Hardy system and I do have freetype installed:
>
>     > dpkg -L libfreetype6-dev | grep libfreetype.so
>     /usr/lib/libfreetype.so
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?

Argh, that's not right. On Ubuntu Hardy, or Debian derivatives, I believe
the 32-bit version of the libraries are under /usr/lib32 (unlike most other
distros, where the distinction is /usr/lib vs /usr/lib64 rather than /usr/lib32
vs /usr/lib).

*I am not a Debian-derivative user*, but /usr/lib/libfreetype.so is probably
the 64-bit version and strictly speaking, quite irrelevant to wine (which needs
32-bit version of the libraries)?