Double free in direct sound capture

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Fri May 30 07:13:56 CDT 2008

Am Freitag, den 30.05.2008, 08:59 +0200 schrieb Michael Karcher:
> I was running the testcases with warn+heap, and noted some warnings from
> dsound:capture. They are caused by double free calls, and only happen
> with winealsa.drv, not with wineoss.drv. The following patch happens to
> makes the messages disappear. Could somebody with some knowledge about
> wine's DirectSound implementation please look into this issue and find a
> proper fix?

OK, status update. I think I understood that bit of code, and already
got an improved version of this improvised patch committed, which seems
clean to me (84fd6e629a05a87cf788cff8bf009fbc94a269e9), I would not mind
any DirectSound experienced Wine programmer to review it.

Thanks in advance,
  Michael Karcher