[website] Re: wine site: Translate sendind_patches to Spanish in web.site.git

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri May 30 09:14:24 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 5:43 AM, Jeremy Newman <jnewman at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Ángel Guzmán Maeso wrote:
>>
>> For Your Information: Not translate NEVER with google translator or other
>> "translators" because they are machines and they translate as if they were
>> wild Indians or master yoda. If you use your translators, at least you know
>> enough language to translate that, because if not the translation will be
>> very very bad, for example, in /template/es/404.template
>
> I figured as much. I just needed a template to use as a test. I knew you'd
> end up fixing the poor translation. I had no intention to use it on more
> templates.

i18n people sometimes do a search and replace to turn all o's into o
plus o umlaut,
all n's into n plus n tilde, etc.  The result is longer than the
original and uses
funny characters, and is still understandable by the person doing the
internationalization,
but can't be mistaken for final text.
- Dan