Winetest grrr...

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:51:08 CDT 2008

Since my tiny little menu patch didn't go in, I figured Alexandre
wanted a test.  So I tried to compile and run the existing one on
Windows XP.  It failed for me:  lots of menu size tests failed.  I
checked the test.winehq.org data, and I don't see lots of failures on
XP, so... I thought I'd run winetest.exe from Paul Millar's site, just
in case the compilation environment had something to do with it.

That locks up my laptop somewhere in the d3d/ddraw tests.

I know some video drivers are so broken we don't want to run on them.
I have an ATI Radeon Mobility 250.  I thought this was a fairly common
card.  Is locking up the machine really acceptable here?

How the ^$*@ am I supposed to produce a test when the existing ones
fail/crash/burn for me?  Grrr...
--Juan